Most guys do not have to deal with the world of women. They’re born from us, they live around us, but for the most part, we take care of our own shit. We buy our own tampons. We deal with skeevy guys who catcall us. We deal with crappier work situations. We deal with getting told we suck at things because we have a vagina, and that we need to be prettier.
Even when these guys married, they still married someone who dealt with this stuff solo. There might be stories and gripe sessions, but they tended to try to equate some part of their experience to the woman’s. Sure, you’re told to be beautiful, but I’m told to lift heavy things! Same, right?
Then, they had daughters.
Kids are very good at not dealing with their own shit. It’s not their job. It’s yours. Suddenly, you’re shoved into a toy aisle where there’s nary a Lego or car or building block, but instead, rows and rows of dead-eyed dolls. You realize how hard it is to find play clothes for a girl, because everything seems to be optimized for ‘cute’ rather than ‘comfort.’ You hear people compliment your daughter only on how pretty she is, and never on how smart or clever she is.
The girl goes to school, and you watch how she’s never called on. You hear someone insult someone else by calling them ‘a girl’, and it stings. Your little girl is awesome! She’s brave and smart and funny! Why would anyone use that as an insult? Then, you remember all the times you did it.And then, you realize that, all along, you’ve been a part of the problem.
I was listening to the original post as it was storming outside and I thought it was beautiful so I tried my best to recreate it.
SERIOUSLY HOW MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL CAN THIS SONG GET?!
This gives me chills
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
Tohoku Kids and Adults enjoy their dream ride on Pokemon Train.
As Tohoku was devastatingly affected by a 2011 tsunami, this train offers people who are still dealing with the aftermath an escape from their troubles, even if it’s just for awhile. The locomotive is called the ‘Pokemon with YOU train’ and travels between Narutō and Chōshi.
♥ Poses! Still need some work, but I’m calling them good enough for now :)
For the project I’m working on with my roommate, Heather! I’m excited! Getting closer to working on the REALLY fun stuff.
- - - - - - - - - - -
1.PLUG IN YOUR HEADPHONES.
DO NOT LISTEN WITHOUT HEADPHONES!
3.CLOSE YOUR EYES.
ENJOY A VIRTUAL HAIRCUT.
DO IT NOW.
THIS IS LITERALLY LIFE CHANGING.
Woah, I actually got chills when he whispered.
OMG. I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS. FINALLY REAPPEARED ON MY DASH.
I thought this would be like; “Oh cool. Yeah, that sounded like a haircut.”
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND.
YOU DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND.
The back of my head is tingling.
WHEN HE WHISPERED, I FELT HIS BREATH ON MY EAR, AND I’M HOME ALONE IN A LOCKED ROOM, AND I HAD MY EYES CLOSED, AND FORGOT WHERE I WAS. JESUS CHRIST.
omf omf omf
tHIS IS FUCKING CREEPY WHAT THE HELL I FEEL THE SPACE WITHIN THE SOUND